1 Cup of Buckwheat Flour
2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil, Melted
(and extra coconut oil for frying)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
Pinch of Coarse Salt
1 Cup of Almond Milk, Unsweetened
½ cup of Blueberries
¼ cup of Aronia berries
Unlike flour, buckwheat is naturally gluten-free, has a tasty, nutty flavor, and makes a more nutritious pancake. Tossing in some juicy berries like Aronia and blueberry add a fresh taste to the traditional breakfast. Using almond milk and coconut also makes these delicious flapjacks totally dairy-free! Berry Buckwheat pancakes are an easy substitute for people who want to switch up a classic with a healthy twist. Let’s get started:
- Add everything but the almond milk and blueberries to your food processor, then blend until combined.
- Slowly add almond milk to the mixture until it is smooth and thick, but still runny.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle enough batter onto the pan for the desired pancake size, then sprinkle berries on top.
- Cook until bubbles are forming on the top of the pancake, then flip. Cook until golden brown (about an additional 30 seconds).
- Plate and serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup!