If you find that you relax better with busy hands, try baking! Setting up your cooking station with your favorite music and wearing comfortable clothes is a great way to practice some self-care after work or even on a slow weekend morning.
Making a sweet treat can put you in a good mood by keeping your mind focused on a project. Take a much-needed break by baking these sweet berry muffins, with healthy ingredients like whole-wheat flour and Aronia berries that pack some high-power antioxidants. Antioxidants ward away the annoying cold and flu, boosting your immune system just in time for the seasonal change.
This month, Truronia is promoting mental health as well as physical health with our Self-Care September campaign. Tag us in your pictures and show us how you practice self-care in your own way with the hashtag #HowDoYouTru and #SelfCareSeptember.
Aronia Berry Sweet Muffin Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
Serving size: Makes about 24 muffins
You will need: muffin cups, muffin baking tray, large bowl
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen Aronia berries
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 4 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- a pinch of salt
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the soft butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla into the bowl and mix. Stir in the dry ingredients until moist.
- Add in the frozen Aronia berries.
- Fill muffin cups with paper liners or grease the muffin tray. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full so muffins can rise.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes and cool for 10 minutes before removing the tray.
Enjoy these muffins with a good book or a mug of your favorite tea!
#HowDoYouTru during Self-Care September?
Show us on Instagram.
Truronia is proud to bring you just the right amount of powerful antioxidants in each bottle of our aronia berry juice. We created four great flavors, fresh from our farms to your hands.