Halloween is near and while we’re scrambling to find a last minute costume, it’s also a great time to develop those fun holiday recipes. That means you get to let your creativity shine! If you’re creating a snack for the kids after school or for yourself, this Boo-Berry Bowl is full of antioxidants and your perfect solution for a healthy, sweet meal.
Too much sugar can push us away from partaking in the Halloween festivities, especially those who have to limit their sugar intake or are watching their diets very carefully. These recipes are kid-friendly and far from all the processed sugars in traditional candy.
This mix of two superfoods is a match made in heaven. The earthy taste of the açaí and the sweet, tart taste of the Aronia berries make for a treat that’s just sweet enough. Plus, it’s packed with natural antioxidants that help your immune system and help protect against neurodegenerative diseases. Aronia berries have higher amounts of phytonutrients and antioxidants than black raspberries, and so it helps lower blood pressure and reduces inflammation. How’s that for a great combination?
Let’s get spooky!
Ingredients for the Boo-Berry Base
- 1 cup of frozen Truronia berries
- 1 pack of açaí puree
- A handful of ice cubes
- ¼ almond milk or soy milk (optional)
Blend all of these ingredients until you get a smooth consistency, and place into a bowl of your choice.
3 Different Halloween Patterns for Your Boo-Berry Bowl
- Cut banana in half lengthwise, and then in half again.
- Dip a toothpick in a little teaspoon of Nutella or other dark-colored spread. If you wish, you can also stick chocolate chips.
- With the toothpick, draw two small circles for the ghost’s eyes and an elongated circle for its mouth.
- Place two banana ghosts in the prepared bowl.
- Place one spoonful of plain unsweetened yogurt, greek or low-fat, into a separate bowl.
- Fill a pastry bag or squeeze bottle with the yogurt and make three to four circles. These circles should be around the same thickness and go around the bowl.
- Take a skewer or toothpick and make lines that slice through the white circles until you get to the last circle.
- Place a fake plastic spider in your bowl if you want to complete the look of a spooky scene.
Fruit Candy Corn
- Cut pineapple in small chunks.
- Peel and cut a tangerine into slices.
- Scoop out a spoonful of unsweetened or plain greek yogurt.
- The greek yogurt should be arranged at the top, then the tangerine, and finally pineapple chunks, like a candy corn.
There you go!
You've made a spooky Boo-Berry bowl, full of sweet health benefits.
Truronia is proud to bring you a variety of all natural, fresh fruit juice blends- fresh from the Midwest to your hands. Choose from organic mango, organic coconut, organic pineapple, and the original organic aronia berry juice.