Homemade healthy snacks are hard to come by, especially those that taste good. The fall season marks back-to-school lunches and routines, as well as busier work days and less time to cook healthy meals. If you’ve got a sweet tooth and are craving those Halloween stashes of candy, then this aronia-strawberry fruit leather is a great solution.
This recipe for aronia-strawberry fruit leather is quite easy to make, with just a bit of preparation to properly dehydrate the fruits into the consistency of a fruit roll-up. However, this snack has no added artificial sweeteners or sugars. Kids will reach for these healthier fruit leathers instead of snacks with no nutritious value.
Aronia-Strawberry Fruit Leathers
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup Truronia Aronia berries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Water as needed
- Cut strawberries to fill up 2 cups.
- In a pan, add fruits, honey, lemon juice, and extra water if you want a thinned out consistency. Cover and cook on low heat.
- The fruits should make juices, then stir, and let it cook until a thicker consistency.
- Cool and add the mixture to a blender.
- Blend and spread onto a baking sheet with parchment paper with a spatula for even drying.
- Place in oven at 140 degrees for 6-7 hours. This dehydration process will create a chewy fruit leather.
- It is ready when you peel off the leather from the parchment paper easily.
- Cut into strips, along with the parchment paper, and roll them up.
- Store in a Tupperware container.